This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Sunday 29 December 2013

Happy Holidays from Ukee

Well, I hope, Dear Reader, that you had a good Christmas, and that you were able to spend quality time with family and friends. Marcelle and I spent Xmas this year at my sister's place in Ladysmith along with my niece and her husband, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Good company, good food and good times!

We're sticking at home for the upcoming New Year's celebration (the older we get, the less we celebrate, and the earlier we go to bed!). In the meantime, we been able to get put a couple of times for walks, and just recently returned to South Beach, on a day where the Park's sign said the waves were "Extreme", and indeed, they were quite vigorous.

The sign classes the wave as "Moderate", "High" and "Extreme", although we're kind of hoping to see one called "Run Away" for the really stormy days! Maybe they save that classification for tsunamis though.

Here's a few images from our last walk:

 

 

 

 

 

That's it for today.

Ciao,

 

No comments :

Post a Comment