This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Saturday 11 January 2014

Storm Advisory - Woohoo!

We got our first storm advisory today, something we've been looking forward to since we moved to Ukee!

Well, we had a quick breakfast and then hustled into the car and drove to the northern trailhead of the Wild Pacific Trail, and hiked out to what we now call Marcelle's Point. This is one of the 'Artist's Loop' points and we often go there and sit out on the rocks to get close to the surf.

The surf rolls in here, slamming into the rocks just in front of us, and today, although certainly not 10 metre waves, it was most definitely exciting!






We'll have a look tomorrow at a different location and see if we can see any bigger waves. Hope so! I took some iPhone video, but try as I may, I can't get it to upload here. It's pissing me off. Ah well, what's life without a little technology frustration?




No comments :

Post a Comment