This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Sunday 15 June 2014

Back on the Beach

Day 5 of my hernia surgery recovery saw us actually out and about at Wick Beach. At least for a little while. I managed about an hour before it was a bit too much, and we had to retreat. I'm finding that I'm surprised at how much my strength is easily sapped and by how tired I am. However, it's good for me to move around, and so the healing process goes on.

 

The day was beautiful, with enough cloud to make the sky interesting, and provide a backdrop against which to feature the scenery.

 

We arrived at low tide, which enabled us to walk out to some of the more interesting rocks just south of the interpretive centre.

 

The waves were 'High' today, which almost guaranteed that there were a number of surfers in the water. From my vantage point with my 300mm telephoto lens, I could just see them obliquely across the curve of the beach and incoming waves.

Tuckered out, but happy to have had some fresh air and beach time, I retired home, to once more become Captain Couch, watching movies on my iPad, taking my Tylenols, and having much needed naps.

Cheers from the edge!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment