This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Friday 13 June 2014

Out and About

Day 3 of my hernia surgery recovery is turning out quite well. I was allowed to finally shower (Yay!!), I'm off the Tylenol 3s (Yay!!) and I actually got out for a short walk (Double Yay!!). It's actually gorgeous today here in Ukee, and I was able to hobble my way down to Big Beach. Slow going, as I'm still quite sore (and remarkably swollen and bruised in places generally best categorized as NSFW), but damn, it was good to get out!

In the interest of traveling light, I just took my little Panasonic LX5 camera, great for capturing the little still lifes that Mother Nature so conveniently dots here and there. We sat up above the beach at a strategically placed picnic table and just took in the sights and lapped up the sun.

 

Below us, on the beach, a father explored a tidal pool with his youngster, while further out, the incoming tide pounded against the rocks sending up fountains of spray.

 

 

Walking back to the house, we could see the Salmonberries starting to pop out.

Well, that's it from life on the edge today... I'm plum tuckered out and going down for a nice nap. See you all tomorrow!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment