This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Saturday 26 July 2014

Ukee Harbour Walkabout

Yesterday, I had to take Tigger, our redoubtable Toyota Yaris, in for an oil change and lube at the Petro Canada station here in Ukee. To pass the time while the car was being worked on, I walked down to the inner harbour and roamed the docks. Again today, I had just my iPhone with me as a camera, and as I wandered, I looked for some graphic element around which I could build a composition.


Because Ucluelet is an ocean port, there are always a fair number of interesting craft in the harbour, including many fishing boats. This means there are a lot of interesting details one can find to capture.





The morning's overcast and cloudy skies provide a beautiful backdrop for landscape images, as well as a lovely even, soft light.






For those of you shooting and editing on iOS (iPhone and iPad) devices, I just published an article on my See, Capture, Show blog entitled "In Search of the. Holy Grail: Good iOS B&W" which discusses workflows for getting great black & white results on the iPhone and iPad. The above image is used for this workflow discussion.

That's all for now folks!

No comments :

Post a Comment