This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Family Outing

Well, the day I've been looking forward to for some time now has finally come... my kids, Rachael and Cameron, accompanied by our great friend Alexandra (fondly known as Ms. Alex to distinguish her from my other son Alex), arrived yesterday to spend a few days with us. It's doubly nice because neither Cameron nor Ms. Alex had visited us here before. It's fun to have the young people in the house, reminiscing about growing up, as I now get to hear details that would have curdled my blood if I'd known at the time. What fun it is being a parent!

 

We decided to do Wreck Beach, from the Willowbrae trailhead, and spent an enchanting few hours roaming along the sand. Not much interesting detritus there yesterday, but the kids loved the experience anyway and examined all and sundry articles and features, taking lots of photos.

 

 

It was a great sky day yesterday, something I delight in, and I always take my ultra-wide lens (18mm) for capturing the maximum amount of drama.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were some lovely reflections available for the taking, so I helped myself.

 

 

While the kids forged onward to find a geocache farther up the beach, Marcelle and I wandered back slowly to await them at the trailhead. On the way back, just before the trailhead stairs, a tiny creek emerges from the green, a microcosm of life and beauty, a treat for the eye.

Life on the edge is even better with family and friends!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment